Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Blog Post #10


"POPEYE"


This musical is a reincarnation of the famous cartoon of Popeye. I agree with the teacher when we say that its a classic and I still remember the first  time I saw it when I was a little kid. Since the movie is a musical it has songs in the whole movie and If I had too pick my favourite it would be Olives song about Bluto 'He's Large". Its so funny how she was singing the same song but at the same time she was trying to leave the wedding. This movie really brought some memories like from my childhood and from the death of Robin Williams with is one of my favourite movie actors. My favourite scene from the movie was when Popeye decided to fight that giant man baby and ended up beating him. I like it because I think its the first time Popeye shows his incredible strength. I find it interesting too that the location in which the movie was based was real. Its in the coast in Italy and by searching for it it was almost the same. Houses made of wood, boats, very tiny but very impressive though. Now I read the review from Robert Ebert and it had some really impressive things on it. He wrote of the participation of all the people, the detail of Sweethaven and how Sweet Pea was the directors grandson. But this movie really was well done. It had all the things that make us remember about Popeye today.

No comments:

Post a Comment