Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Blog Post #14



"Zathura"


Last week we finished the movie Zathura which is a with a large amount of messages  pointing towards families. The story begins with to brothers playing with their divorced father but they are taking turns. They start fighting when the little brother starts playing but gets interrupted by his old brother. They both fight for everything especially when they both want to spend time with their father. The problem is that they fight for everything, they fight if they want to do something different, they fight if they don't get what they want, they fight for attention. I have experience with this problem because I have an older sister. She is now in college and I don't see her very often but we talk and laugh about or fights in the past. We used to fight about almost everything, just like this two brothers. We would fight about who would get the dog poop that we had to clean up after. I remember fighting in food places, she would try and take a bite from my food and I would get mad and get a bite from her food. We where so childish but now we understand that siblings need to stay together and fight together. But you know what, fighting between siblings is perfectly normal. I have never heard o any siblings saying that they never fought because thats impossible. Its like a fight for dominance in the world. At first my sister was the one who dominated but now I think Im catching up to her. 

Another thing that caught my eye in this movie is that their parents are divorced. Now, my parents are divorced two and I don't really want to compare them beaches its a really personal problem. But I can agree with the two brothers in Zathura when it comes two sadness and anger. At first I didn't really know nothing about divorce because I was little, but if you ask my sister, for her its was one of the saddest days of her life. Eventually my dad found another woman and they got married. That really angerd my sister because it feel like your dad forgot about your mother. My sister really went through some emotion in that period and I now understand it. Having divorced parents its the worst because you feel like they don't care for you anymore, but the do. You just have too accept it and move one. My sister still has some problems with my dad but know she has a little bother that can help her when she falls. Thats what siblings are for, to lift you up when nobody else can. 

Always stick together because if you don't, nobody will be there to put you back in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment