Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Blog Post #16


The Breakfast Club


If theres one thing that I learned from this movies is that you should never be afraid to express who you really are and that you have to break the boundaries that prevent you from being who you are in life. The movie has 5 protagonist: the trouble maker, the nerd, the princess, the jock and the basket case. All these protagonist impacted me when the started to share their feelings with one another. But the one that impacted me the most was the trouble maker. Its very difficult to understand these types of people because their attitude is mostly negative and often end up breaking rules and getting in trouble. As he explained, he is who he is because of his life and family. His father docent love him and sometimes abuses him and his mother, he doesn't have some privileges that other people do, and since he's a bad influence he doesn't have many friends and gets treated like a criminal. Its not his fault that he acts that way. Another character that impacted me and that had some believable problems was the jock. He says that he has to be perfect in everything because he doesn't want to disappoint his father. Sometimes parents are guilty for the problems of their children because some of them don't know how to raise the. Instead of obligating their child to be something their not, they should give them a chance to follow their dreams and make their one lives. And I have to say that the least that convinced be was the nerd. I am a nerd but I don't have to worry about being perfect and I certainly wouldn't try suicide. Yeah, sometimes their will be pressure with grades but you just have to accept that you're not perfect and thats ok. But I do have to compare my self with him because I want my parents to be proud of me 100% of the time and when I have a bad grade, sometimes I don't even tell them because I feel embarrassed of having that grade. I sometimes see my friends getting graded like a c or a d and I think of me getting a grade like that and my mind goes thru hell. Its difficult being intelligent but being intelligent in school is one thing, being intelligent in life is another. At the end of the movie the 5 protagonist left a not to the teacher about who they are. They accepted their personalities as not because of society, because thats who they are and they are happy with themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment